We won. Any gay couple legally married in a state will now be recognized by Feds (1138 more rights). Prop 8 was properly decided by Judge Van Walker. Let the marriages begin! We should be ecstatic. Yes, work to do, but don’t let that diminish our joy today. America is more equal today than it was yesterday.
Monthly Archives: June 2013
What’s up? It’s one of those times where I want to say hi, want to write something brilliant, but I have no brilliance in me just now. Has this ever happened to you? That is, of course if I ever have brilliance in me.
My point is… What is my point? Well, I want to say hi. Want to write. But, alas, I’ve nothing interesting or pressing or important to say. Maybe y’all will just have to wait another week, like say till next Monday.Yes, I’ll post something interesting, passionate, or funny next Monday. Oh, or maybe the Monday after that. Who knows. You don’t mind waiting do you?
No, I’m sure you don’t because this blog is fun and fluff. My goal is to entertain and maybe do some good along the way. But what about you, Supreme Court Justices? We want to hear from you. For some, our lives, loves, and families depend on hearing from you. Or more specifically, hearing the right thing from you.
You said on a Monday in June. We held our collective breath on the first Monday in June. Then again on the second. Now the third Monday in June has come and gone. You are running out of Mondays in June. In fact, there is only one Monday remaining, June 24th.
We will all (equal rights supporters and haters) be holding our breath next Monday.
It’s butch to be just and do the right thing for equality. Supreme Court Justices, I beg you… Be Butch.
I broke my interviewing cherry with Kiyomi McCloskey from Hunter Valentine. Now, don’t worry. I already know that I am not a journalist (surprise!), nor do I write for Rolling Stone, so I decided to just talk to Kiyomi — and, of course, ask questions that I thought people who read my blog would be interested in: things about beer, fashion, travel, dating, and being butch. If you want more of the “who’s your musical influence”-type questions, go check out Hunter Valentine’s website. Oh, and Google them, as many journalists do. Read the rest of this interview on the Huffington Post:
While you are there, would you please hit the “like” button next to my name at the top of the page? This is to like me as an author, rather than liking the particular article. Of course, you can do that too. ;o) Thank you!
The other day, I had a really neat encounter. I was in San Jose and headed to Monterey for the weekend. Before hitting the road, I had to handle some odds and ends, like picking up stuff from the pharmacy and cleaning up my super-scruffy hawk. I saw a salon near the CVS pharmacy I had stopped at and I headed over to hope for a walk-in shave. It wasn’t quite as nice as my normal place, and it certainly wasn’t edgy or cool. I was a little uneasy as I approached the door, with the small collection of jewelry for sale outside on the sidewalk. Like I said, I was super scruffy, though, so it had to be done.
While hovering just outside the doorway, I noticed a woman inside with a freshly shaved head. At quick glance, she did not appear to be a butch, or the rockstar type, so I assumed that she was shaving her head out of necessity. She turned towards the door and said to me, “What do you think?” as she touched her freshly buzzed head. She waved a ponytail of hair at me as she smiled a little wildly.
Go read the rest of this post at Huffington Post.
Recently, I asked all of you to share the reasons why you love butches. It was a really interesting list and some of you suggested that I needed to compile it and share. One note is that this was grammatically challenging. Most of these are tweets and so not full sentences, but I tried to edit as little as possible. I did make them readable outside of Twitter and Facebook, though, and even though they aren’t all complete sentences, I added periods. Also, I’ve never cursed in a post, but a few of these need the expletive, I think, so I have left them. Well, here you go!
Oh, and if you are a baby butch, take note. It was mentioned on more than one occasion that some of you could use a few of these tips.
OUR HANDS & ARMS
- Big, giant, strong hands to pick me up and fuck me. Number one reason.
- Looking at her strong hands and knowing where they can take me…
- Strong hands on the small of my back guiding me through a crowded room.
- She runs her fingers through my hair, gently pulling my head back, and kisses my neck.
- The contrast of her big rough hands on my smooth skin.
- The way she holds me and the way she takes my hand in hers.
- Butch hands, butch style, butch lips!
- Arms strong enough to carry me to her bed, hands strong enough to pin my wrists even when I arch my back.
- Strong hands that silently promise to always keep me safe.
- The safety that can always be found in their big strong arms.
Butches: Femmes are loving how strong we are. Also, they notice our hands, so maybe keep them clean?
- How amazing she looks in a 3 piece suit with a bow tie and how that bow tie comes in handy after dark.
- How she looks in a made-to-measure three piece suit.
- She’s not into suits, but she knows that you have a thing for them and so she wears them for you.
- Suits and boobs!
- A surprise trashy bra under her suit.
- Purple dress shirts and vests.
- Three words. Ties. Cufflinks. Vests.
- Bow ties that I can untie…
- French cuff dress shirts & cuff links.
- Ties, button down shirts, blazers, belts, shoes, watches.
- Ass kicking boots!
- Short, well maintained hair.
- Nothing quite as appealing as a dapper butch.
Butches: Get the picture here? There is major action to be gotten by dressing up, buttoning down, and tying that bow tie.
- I like how how attentive she is when I make her breakfast.
- When she let’s you ramble on and on about your day…and actually listens.
- They use the word asshats to make sad femmes laugh out loud.
- How intently she listens to me when I speak.
- Her patience while I get ready.
- When a straight man says, “why not date a real man?” I can say, anything you can do, she can do better!
- They’re so smile-inducing to consider that I’d rather stay here typing why I love them, than finish getting ready &going to work this morning!
- The softer side only shown in the safety and confidence of a loved one.
- The dynamic that can only be shared between a butch and a femme.
- Attentive, appreciative and creative..
- The way she embraces the butch-femme dance in a way that respects us both.
- The way butches interact with children when they think no one is watching: let go, act silly and carefree! *swoon*
- Strong facial features with a hint of softness.
Butches: Listen, be patient, and let those lovely femmes see your softer side. Apparently, they like it. What a relief! It’s hard to be tough all the time.
PUPPIES (Yes, really.)
- They get puppies for their little girls..
- They give a puppy-less femme a late nite puppy fix.
- She selflessly offers to share adorable puppy to serve as mascot.
Butches: If you can pull it off responsibly, there are points to be scored here.
- Confidence, because she’s out every moment & has to deal with things I never will.
- Her unapologetic presence and self confidence.
- Outward self confidence and undeniable presence.
I have to say that first one almost makes me cry. It’s true, and it’s exhausting. So nice to be appreciated for it.
- Having a butch find out no one has ever bought you flowers before & them being more pissed off than you.
- She is gallant enough to allow an inattentive femme to save face.
- Old-school butch style, old-school butch manners.
- The way she makes me feel like the only woman in the world worth noticing.
- The silent possessiveness of her presence when we’re on a date.
- Gentlebutch manners. Attentive. Femmes first.
- How she opens the door for me, closes my car door, all those little things.
- How she guides me with a hand on the small of my back as we walk.
- I love butch gentlemanly attention, tenderness, tough demeanor, lovely manners to start…
- The effort she makes to ensure I don’t get wet from puddles and the way she walks.
- Chivalry in the most genuine and loving display.
- The way she bravely kills the spiders while pretending they don’t terrify her.
I am so glad the femmes notice! Young butches: Open the doors for your femme – unless she tells you not to.
- Making her growl.
- How your special butch knows just how to please you.
- Knowing that submission is strength, not weakness.
- How they blush when teased playfully by a femme.
- Walking out in heels, corset, suspenders, stockings with red lips and her being left speechless.
- Because they know how to put the biggest grin on your face, right before bed. *swoon*
- The way she undresses me with her eyes.
- Unexpected romantic streaks.
- Her absolute need for me there and then…
- How I can make her distracted by being girly & flirty.
- Role playing :o)
- When she pretends like we have never met and find that connection all over again every time.
- How they always give a femme what she wants and needs.
- They are super attentive and giving.
- How I can get her cool facade to slip by being provocative.
- The way she makes me melt with a demanding kiss.
- The way she treats me with respect & charm, until we’re in the bedroom.
- The look on their face when they realizing I’m packing under my skirt.
- The way she bends down to gently remove my stilettos before giving me a massage.
- The way they please their lover!
Butches: Well done! We are sexy beasts! Keep up the good work, and the growling.
- Big and strong to pin me down while she fucks me.
- When she ties me up with her bow tie.
- The look on her face when she says “I may hurt you, but I’ll never harm you.”
- Obedience… *fanning myself* and the look in her eyes when she does submit.
Gulp. No comment.
- Butches are so intoxicating.
- The way she reacts to my perfume.
- The way their skin smells, even without cologne or body spray.
Butches: This doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t shower. Keep it fresh.
And, my favorite comment was from JaJaButton: “Someone bring me ButchOnTap. Please? Yum. Butch is best.” Thanks JaJa! You made me blush.
Coming soon, the same inventory for Why I love Femmes. Given this list, it is obvious the femmes and sometimes butches love us for all that makes us butch. So, I guess that means that it’s Butch to Be Butch. Be Butch.